Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Celebrate
#61
You know, those people living in ridiculous luxury weren't born with wealthier parents, superior education and financial stability. Those street urchins think they know what hardship is, but they've never done a decent day's work in their lives.

Now back to earning a passive income through stocks, and businesses that I own but don't run.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#62
Investments create jobs. Time to punish that! Who needs a job anyway? The government will provide your needs by plundering those horrible successful people, and for all else there is hope and change.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#63
I hate the idea of "work for your own money, you bums!" while people are dying from things that wealthy people could prevent if they had an ounce of compassion and not buried arse deep in their own arrogance.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#64
Bullshit to the "It's not fair!" argument. There's a lot that isn't fair, and if you aren't human enough to sacrifice part of your income for the simple betterment of other people, then the government should do it for you.
[Image: av50fd.png]

Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Reply
#65
Also, I think that possibly capitalism is starting to implode in America. The economy is in shambles, the rich are complaining about money lost that they don't even really need, and the poor are just slum ping further into the dumps.


Now, America does run somewhat of a mixed enterprise. It is, however, strongly free enterprise (capitalist).

The people voted for Obama because of the hope he brings. Him becoming president-elect already shoes the change that America's willing to make. The people see the failures of the Republicans during the last two terms; they're tired. So we voted a democrat in. A black man, sure, but a charismatic, youthful man as well; someone that brings a new fresh outlook into office. We're hoping that he can essentially be the next FDR. I, personally, though hopeful, am also slightly pessimistic. I think that Obama will leave the whitehouse better than he entered it, but there is an immense amount of pressure on him to drastically change the country. Pressure that we the citizens put on him. He has the potential to be one of our country's greatest leaders, but only time will tell.
[Image: 1stAerosig.png]
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Reply
#66
Pink Underoo Wrote:Investments create jobs. Time to punish that! Who needs a job anyway? The government will provide your needs by plundering those horrible successful people, and for all else there is hope and change.

[Image: whomp.jpg][Image: whomp.jpg][Image: whomp.jpg]
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#67
Raditzu Wrote:[Image: whomp.jpg][Image: whomp.jpg][Image: whomp.jpg]

That picture never gets old. XD

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
#68
Krillin Wrote:Bullshit to the "It's not fair!" argument. There's a lot that isn't fair, and if you aren't human enough to sacrifice part of your income for the simple betterment of other people, then the government should do it for you.
"Do as I say or I'll make you"? How fascist.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#69
"Yeah! Why should we help the poor so that they can buy the shit that my company makes?

"Wait. Fuck, shit, let me get back to you guys on this."
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply
#70
Pink Underoo Wrote:"Do as I say or I'll make you"? How fascist.

Every legal system is like that. Don't even try to use that argument.

Wouldn't paying your taxes be a "do as I say or I'll make you"?

Or declaring stuff at the border? Or agreeing not to murder people?

Yeah, I suppose any regime that doesn't let you do whatever you want must be fascist.

EDIT: I'm not supporting the whole 'take from the rich and give to the poor' thing, nor am I strictly against it. Undecided... just pointing this weak-ass argument out.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
#71
capitalist economies function best when spending is high, obviously, and modern capitalism has a special way of keeping the poor down and keeping the rich up, which reduces universal spending. a tax system that would ease the burden on the poor and tax the rich would help spread increased spending to every level of income. It'd be better for our reasonably capitalist system.

Ironically, everyone is calling Obama socialist for his tax policy. Of course, everyone that calls Obama a socialist is a silly bitch.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
#72
The whole point of having Underoo on my Ignore List is destroyed by seeing his posts quoted and rebutted. It's a pretty hard fight not slapping his idiocy around, until I see other people doing it sufficiently.
[Image: av50fd.png]

Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Reply
#73
Bra Wrote:Every legal system is like that. Don't even try to use that argument.

Wouldn't paying your taxes be a "do as I say or I'll make you"?

Or declaring stuff at the border? Or agreeing not to murder people?

Yeah, I suppose any regime that doesn't let you do whatever you want must be fascist.

EDIT: I'm not supporting the whole 'take from the rich and give to the poor' thing, nor am I strictly against it. Undecided... just pointing this weak-ass argument out.
There's a difference between paying taxes so that government can perform legitimate functions, and using the government's monopoly on municipal force to plunder one citizen's wealth to hand it to another. The latter is the reason why we have the Second Amendment here in the USA.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#74
you're comparing a heavier income tax for the wealthy to plundering citizen's wealth by force? that's a stretch. And if you agree that the government needs to collect taxes to perform legitimate functions, which you said you do, then you would also have to agree that the government performs these tasks better when they have more money, that's just obvious. If the government can perform tasks for the people better with more money, then it'd be reasonable to assume that the people themselves would like for the government to have more money in which to carry out these legitimate tasks. And you'd also assume that the people with the greatest means to give money to the government should be made to pay a higher income tax, not only for their own benefit but for the benefit of all.

They're not pointing a gun at Bill Gates head and saying give me your money so i can save the poor! In a redistribution of wealth fashion. Rather it's the polar opposite, their taxing the rich more so they can perform tasks that will benefit everyone while still leaving the poor with a couple bucks in their pocket, so they can spend money and stimulate the economy.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
#75
I think not paying your taxes is more like a "Do what I say or I'll throw you in jail." They can't pay their taxes in jail.

Good luck, Obama, you'll need it.
[Image: jd-1.jpg]
"I would happily blow 20 guys in an alley with bleedy dicks so I could
get AIDS then fuck a deer and kill it with my AIDS." - Louis C.K.
thanks waff
Kaden Wrote:I wish being ten John Does made me feel better than it actually does.
Reply
#76
If you're making a million dollars a year you should pay a higher percentage income tax then someone making ten thousand dollars per year.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
#77
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...00950.html

Washington Post article showing, in a pretty chart, differences between McCain and Obama proposed tax policies. Trickle down fiscal policy vs. bottom up fiscal policy.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
#78
Minoshia Wrote:If you're making a million dollars a year you should pay a higher percentage income tax then someone making ten thousand dollars per year.

Obviously. But you guys already have tax brackets. So do we.

Although I do know, for a fact, that our CEO (who is an American citizen) pays proportionately less in taxes than his secretary, and he makes like eight times more money than she does.

And that's ridiculous. Even he's gone so far as to say that's ridiculous. I don't see any problem with shifting the proportion of taxation further toward the rich. It absolutely sucks for some of us. But it currently sucks harder for those beneath the poverty line.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
#79
Minoshia Wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...00950.html

Washington Post article showing, in a pretty chart, differences between McCain and Obama proposed tax policies. Trickle down fiscal policy vs. bottom up fiscal policy.

I was tempted to save Pinky the trouble and just bitch about how that's nothing but liberal bullshit. I don't think it would have the same... flair, though.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#80
Orion Wrote:I hate the idea of "work for your own money, you bums!" while people are dying from things that wealthy people could prevent if they had an ounce of compassion and not buried arse deep in their own arrogance.

See. That argument works to a point. I'm the most generous person I know. You need gas, I got ya. You need food. I got ya. My friend in College right now, his parents aren't getting a paycheck soon, I took him out to eat today. Got him some basic stuff.

I'm lucky to have a stable house hold, when me myself am broke, from a recent payment accident via my bank. I bought my friends 5 medium pizza's last week for lunch. My treat.

I earn my money, but I budget out what I can throw around, for myself and stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)