Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
The Peter Jackson one? I saw that in theaters, and despite being in the first row (sucked) it was epic. Killing a t-rex by dislocating it's jaw and breaking it's neck with your bare hands is the most badass thing in the history of cinema.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:The Peter Jackson one? I saw that in theaters, and despite being in the first row (sucked) it was epic. Killing a t-rex by dislocating it's jaw and breaking it's neck with your bare hands is the most badass thing in the history of cinema.
YES.
What was awesome was he just KEPT trying to do it. Like, he pulled apart the T-Rex's mouth and fucking BIT the lizard's tongue the fuck out, spat it onto the ground, then tried to continue prying. The dino manages to close its jaw again after figuring it out, Kong slams him down, curb stomps him, and starts punching it in the fucking face until it loses its clamp on its jaw, then immediately grabs it and turns its mouth into a god damn 180 degree angle.
It was totally run-on sentence worth epic. That was probably THE scene of the movie, where he just asserts his fucking manliness. He couldn't have done better in that fight if he'd teabagged them.
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Ashe Wrote:He couldn't have done better in that fight if he'd teabagged them.
I believe that was in the directors cut.
And yeah King Kong was a good film, kinda long though like Ashe said. I'm gonna check out Taxi Driver in the next few days, think someone suggested it in this thread.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
This is slightly off topic, but if anyone wants to see a good Taxi Driver (THANKS SAZ), check out CANAAN. Its pretty fucking awesome as an anime, and I highly recommend it, especially if you like Black Lagoon/Cowboy Bebop/similar.
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
The Secretary. Definately worth watching. Maggie Gyllenhaal is hot, in a strange kinda way.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Nope.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
The First Wives Club.
...don't judge me.
Posts: 18
Threads: 366
Joined: Jan 2006
Kaden Wrote:Anyone who hasn't seen The Departed needs to.
Hopefully most of you have, though.
Just watched it for the first time last night. Badass movie. Totally didn't see a couple of the things that happened at the end coming, but it was good. Nice and unexpected
Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2009, 08:12 PM by Dehan.)
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:I'd go with this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXq3CtfwIkQ
Yeah, that's my fav as well. Though the whole damn movie is pimp all the way through. Like most good movies I hated it when I first saw it, after watching it the second time alone without any interruptions(kids, cell phones going off, gropers) I enjoyed it.
Edit: Last Action Hero. An old movie with Arnold and some kid. It's pretty much a good movie filled with so many action movie based on a movie based on many action cliches that you'll have no choice but to love it.
Posts: 0
Threads: 27
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 0
Threads: 97
Joined: Jul 2006
^^^
Posts: 0
Threads: 27
Joined: Oct 2004
"It's a ferret!"
"It's not a tumah!"
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Observe and Report is a lot easier to appreciate a second time when you know what to expect. Movies about stuff like bi-polar disorder are always wierd, idk.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Oh oh oh, I just remembered another one. Anchorman. I CAN NOT recommend this film highly enough, it's pretty much my favourite comedy film. Go watch it if you haven't already srsly.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
This is turning into "name as many movies as you possibly can" fest. Everybody has seen Anchorman, you ass.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Oh really, everybody? So you've asked every single Chubbs member one-on-one if they've watched Anchorman, and they have all said yes, then?
Gtfo.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Plot twist: I've never seen Anchorman.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Dodgeball is another awesome movie.
I actually didn't like it the first time I watched it, but I literally found it more entertaining with each subsequent viewing.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
|