09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
it's a movie, people. hate to break it to you, but it's all make-believe. :[
|
The Recommend A Movie Thread
|
|
09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
it's a movie, people. hate to break it to you, but it's all make-believe. :[
Rem-13 Wrote:Don't lie to them Rod. Its a documentary. DUH! Edit: I also find that I can watch Iron Man multiple times in one setting, it's a damn good movie.
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
*sitting
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Leon Wrote:Not to mention he leaned his head down as if he saw the guy drop a quarter in mid-air. Exactly. Amateur. ![]() Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
09-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Rod Hardwood Wrote:As for the Chan/Li movie, after all the years of waiting (since 2001?) it was a huge letdown. I generally hate it when either of them do Hollywood movies, and bringing in that kid from Transformers as a tag-along simply because he is (was?) the flavor of the month was painful and will only prevent the movie from becoming a time honored classic, despite that the story is fundamentally just that. I almost cried out of rage. It's one of the few times when epic fail is the only proper description. I assume you're talking about Forbidden Kingdom? If so, WTF are you talking about? Shia LaBeouf wasn't in it. I actually enjoyed the movie. No, it was no cinematic masterpiece, but it was entertaining.
09-29-2009, 06:05 AM
... they look exactly the same.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm183277312/nm0029400 http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1970969344/nm0479471
09-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Unacceptable.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
09-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Pulp Fiction.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-02-2009, 01:52 AM
I just watched Twilight. You know, not having ever read the novels, and not being a fan of vampires or any of that shit... I thought the movie was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but then I wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. There were some wtf moments, like the vampire baseball, and the whole sun makes them glitter gayness. But overall it was alright.
10-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Saz Wrote:I just watched Twilight. You know, not having ever read the novels, and not being a fan of vampires or any of that shit... I thought the movie was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but then I wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. There were some wtf moments, like the vampire baseball, and the whole sun makes them glitter gayness. But overall it was alright. I don't know who you are. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Saz Wrote:I just watched Twilight. You know, not having ever read the novels, and not being a fan of vampires or any of that shit... I thought the movie was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but then I wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. There were some wtf moments, like the vampire baseball, and the whole sun makes them glitter gayness. But overall it was alright. You read girlish magazines so you were bound to enjoy it. ![]() Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
If you're planning on dying from an incurable disease I'd recommend Dragonball: Evolution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Zena Wrote:You read girlish magazines so you were bound to enjoy it. Erm, no I don't. Infact I don't read magazines, period. Where did that come from? 0.o
10-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Vad Wrote:If you're planning on dying from an incurable disease I'd recommend Dragonball: Evolution. I think we need to put this on the banner for all members to see. Southland Tales is a movie to watch when you have nothing better to do or watch at all...it's all kinds of um...strange. A few funny moments and please, I stress the word few, so um...yeah.
10-06-2009, 04:42 AM
The new Friday The 13th movie was pretty good. I didn't really find it scary, it's moreso awesome to see this huge guy in a hockey mask lop people's heads off with a machete. Never really seen a Jason movie before this, so it was a fresh experience for me.
I was also thinking the whole time how AWESOME it would be if there was a Punisher/Jason crossover of some sort. It can be any form of media, I don't care, it just needs to be done. Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-09-2009, 01:40 AM
If you can handle foreign coming-of-age movies with no clear resolution, I'd recommend Once Upon a Time in High School. It's fairly formulaic, but it revolves around a lot of modern far east asian social dynamics. Probably the first time that I heard the term "surplus man" was when I watched this film.
Better than that, I'd recommend Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring. The entire movie takes place on a one-room wooden buddhist shrine floating on a small lake that is surrounded on all sides by low tree-covered mountains. The film is cut into five parts with each part being filmed during the corresponding season (which is where the title comes from). The first few times that I watched it I didn't even have subtitles to read, and it still blew my mind.
10-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Saz Wrote:I just watched Twilight. You know, not having ever read the novels, and not being a fan of vampires or any of that shit... I thought the movie was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but then I wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. There were some wtf moments, like the vampire baseball, and the whole sun makes them glitter gayness. But overall it was alright. Some customer today told me I looked like "James from Twilight". After figuring out which person that was, I was like "Thank god, that's better than some sparkly pretty boy pansy bitch 800 year old motherfucker with the maturity of a 13 year old kid counting seconds for his balls to drop. Instead I look like a dude that, even though he got curbstomped at the end, spent most of the movie hoping to whoop that ass and eat that annoying cunt after giving her a Falcon Punch to make sure no sparkly babies appeared.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|