Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Recommend A Movie Thread
Finally saw V for Vendetta. Great movie.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:Pineapple Express was awesome

I just watched it. One of the funniest films I've seen. James Franco is the shit. That scene where he trys to smash the windscreen and gets his foot stuck through the glass is epic.
Reply
I just got back from Law Abiding Citizen and really enjoyed it.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Vad Wrote:Yeah. Superb movie.

Independence day is a terrible movie.
Reply
Josh Wrote:Independence day is a terrible movie.

You are not allowed in this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Vad Wrote:You are not allowed in this thread.

You're not allowed to watch movies anymore.
Reply
Josh isn't American. He wasn't part of the circle jerk.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Ashe Wrote:I just got back from Law Abiding Citizen and really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it till the Big Reveal at the end as to how the guy was committing crimes.

Like seriously. Really? Everything else was good, but that was stupid.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply
Thats exactly how I felt watching the previews. I could tell there was way to much set up on him being awesome so that nothing they could think of would live up to the hype.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Josh Wrote:Independence day is a terrible movie.

Ah thank ye.

*Tips cap*
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Ya, well, Dudley Do Right sucks.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
Who asked you, communist?
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Belle Hibiki Wrote:I enjoyed it till the Big Reveal at the end as to how the guy was committing crimes.

Like seriously. Really? Everything else was good, but that was stupid.

Eh, it didn't really bother me.

I had actually been placing my bets on a specific person being the "accomplice" but turned out wrong, despite what seemed to be foreshadowing in that direction.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Alexander Trafford Wrote:Ya, well, Dudley Do Right sucks.

Oh God, does it suck indeed. Quite honestly, I'm not a big fan of Brendan Fraser.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
I might be going to see Paranormal Activity later. I don't know, unsure, because its in every way the only movie every single person I work with has been talking about lately, seeing it multiple times, but you know how hype works. But still, maybe I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed the hell out of Quarantine and similar.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
I actually enjoyed Astro Boy.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
I heard paranormal activity sucked ass
[Image: ChubbsMal.png]


Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've become a really great writer
Reply
Mal Nova Wrote:I heard paranormal activity sucked ass

Doesn't surprise me. Did the people that said that say that Cloverfield, Quarantine, and the other movies in that style were also horrible? Some people just hate that style, and its a horror movie, I wouldn't set my sights too high. I just know that The Unborn was pathetic, even for low standards.

About Paranormal Activity... Jesus Christ. O.o Fantastic movie to watch ending at midnight on Halloween night.

I have never heard a full packed (we had to sit in one of the front rows, no seats, and we were there 20 min early) scream at the top of their lungs so loud. People left the theater going "FUCK THAT SHIT" and "THAT DUDE SHOULDA LEFT HER ASS LONG AGO". It was awesome, because anyone we were near walking out was jumpy as hell.

I'm actually surprised by the special effects in the movie, given the way they recorded it, because some of the stuff would be easy on a blue screen and not so easy on that documentary style camera. I was also expecting a full two hours of subtle shit like Blair Witch had, you know, like a closet bumping and them opening it or "Oh god you see a ghostly figure walk by in the background" or something dumb. They had stuff in that vein (not those examples) but that was just the beginning slow stuff. It really picked up and at some point you are like "Ok, dude, I'd hate to have no choice but to go to sleep again and deal with it." Stuff started happening during the day also, and all I could think was "Ok, stop trying to piss the demon off man."

Man...

EDIT: Another quote by a couple that walked past us. Chick is talking to the guy going "Ok, I know that was fake. It was scary as fuck, but it was fake." And her boyfriend is all "Fake or not, what the fuck? Man, I'm gonna be leaving the lights on tonight, fuck."

It also wasn't filled with an overuse unrealistic amount of random F bombs (I think I have said it more in this post than the movie did) like most horror films and also no stupid ass "Hey look, chick is half naked showering and we are using the excuse of weird shit happening to throw in sex appeal" type stuff. It just focused on the crazy stuff.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
I love the Qurantine/Blair Witch/Cloverfield style of horror. The first two managed to fuck up sleep for me though (Blair Witch moreso, nearly a week).
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:I love the Qurantine/Blair Witch/Cloverfield style of horror. The first two managed to fuck up sleep for me though (Blair Witch moreso, nearly a week).

Good, Jack. If you see this, please watch it in theater (just like the others). A lot of the stuff earlier is sound related, so if you are just watching a bootleg on your computer with bad sound I can see where someone would think this movie is pathetic. Watch it in a theater full of people. So much atmosphere happening with the noises and shit, and people actually get really silent when the chick is like "shh! I heard something, do you hear that?" You could hear a pin drop. If not for the sudden door slamming in front of the camera.

Seriously, I think it will fuck your sleep up something major, IF you are into that type of stuff. If you aren't, you'll call it lame and storm off to rant about how it sucked compared to that totally well thought out and awesome new action movie with that dude from the Transporter series or something.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)