Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Recommend A Movie Thread
Astro Boy, 3/5. Only because of the weak ass 'I GOT AN ELECTION TO WIN.' villian and Nic Cage's voice acting...freaking horrible.
Reply
Ashe Wrote:Doesn't surprise me. Did the people that said that say that Cloverfield, Quarantine, and the other movies in that style were also horrible? Some people just hate that style, and its a horror movie, I wouldn't set my sights too high. I just know that The Unborn was pathetic, even for low standards.

About Paranormal Activity... Jesus Christ. O.o Fantastic movie to watch ending at midnight on Halloween night.

I have never heard a full packed (we had to sit in one of the front rows, no seats, and we were there 20 min early) scream at the top of their lungs so loud. People left the theater going "FUCK THAT SHIT" and "THAT DUDE SHOULDA LEFT HER ASS LONG AGO". It was awesome, because anyone we were near walking out was jumpy as hell.

I'm actually surprised by the special effects in the movie, given the way they recorded it, because some of the stuff would be easy on a blue screen and not so easy on that documentary style camera. I was also expecting a full two hours of subtle shit like Blair Witch had, you know, like a closet bumping and them opening it or "Oh god you see a ghostly figure walk by in the background" or something dumb. They had stuff in that vein (not those examples) but that was just the beginning slow stuff. It really picked up and at some point you are like "Ok, dude, I'd hate to have no choice but to go to sleep again and deal with it." Stuff started happening during the day also, and all I could think was "Ok, stop trying to piss the demon off man."

Man...

EDIT: Another quote by a couple that walked past us. Chick is talking to the guy going "Ok, I know that was fake. It was scary as fuck, but it was fake." And her boyfriend is all "Fake or not, what the fuck? Man, I'm gonna be leaving the lights on tonight, fuck."

It also wasn't filled with an overuse unrealistic amount of random F bombs (I think I have said it more in this post than the movie did) like most horror films and also no stupid ass "Hey look, chick is half naked showering and we are using the excuse of weird shit happening to throw in sex appeal" type stuff. It just focused on the crazy stuff.

I think their favored genre is horror and I know they go to the movie theaters way to much.

Personally I dont seem to watch that many movies lol ANd have not seen any of the three you mentioned =D
[Image: ChubbsMal.png]


Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've become a really great writer
Reply
I feel this way.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/4320/review

Apparently there were three endings too, and the one shown is one of the alternates. Apparently it was made three years ago and just now released, and the second alternate ending (the original was the police ending) was probably the creepiest and most realistic, but they decided it was too strong for some reason or another. Even still.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Terminator Salvation made my head hurt. I'm thoroughly confused by the Terminator storyline.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Robots bad, humans good. Throw in some time travel paradoxes, and voila.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
I'm to remember the name of a Jet Li movie. At the very beginning he's brought before the emperor of really-old-Chinaland because he killed, like, three outlaws. Then the emperor asks him to re-count the tale and Jet Li starts telling him about the fights he had.

Anyone?
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
Hero?
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
Yes!

Thank you!
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
Yeah, Hero is it. I was actually trying to remember the name of this not long ago. I mentioned it in here I think. Its one of the movies that can make me cry.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
DEAD SNOW!!!!!!!

7/3!!!!

Go watch it NAOUGH!!!
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Zombieland was good. Pretty short though, which I actually kind of like. too many movies try to be a certain length, and therefore leave you watching half an hour of bullshit.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Rambo (4) was great. Very short though, it's like the movie ends just when you think Stallone is about to start REALLY raping face. Still, good shit. SO MUCH BLOOD
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Blood the last vampire was pretty neat...the digital blood was lame. And the 'plot twist' was lame too. I haven't finished Blood Plus but I'm going to. I'm close...but it's one of those series where it's good and you don't want it to end so...I'm going to wait and watch it this thanksgiving break.
Reply
The last two films I've watched: High School Musical 3 and W.

I would recommend neither. High school musical was unbearable, and I genuinely do not know why I felt so compelled to try watching it. Clearly not targeted at someone like me. And W, it started quite well, the scenes of him before becoming president were quite interesting, but I lost interest in the last two thirds of the film.
Reply
Galaxy Quest is definately worth watching if you haven't seen it before. It's a sci-fi comedy about these aliens who come to Earth to recruit the members of the crew on this show which is basically Star Trek (the aliens don't know it's a show they think it's real), to help save the galaxy against these baddie aliens.
Reply
old

stupid
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
troll

Anyway, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is pretty good for a Jim Carrey movie (I'm sure I'll get some boos for that).
Reply
Just watched the first episode of the "V" remake series from ABC. Seems like it'll be really good, after getting all the way through it.

I've never seen the original, so that's what I'm judging from.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Men Who Stare at Goats was hilarious.

Anyone who likes off-beat/situational humor will get a kick out of it.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
A few kickass movie intros:

Zombieland

Casino Royale

Dawn of The Dead

a classic

RocknRolla

*Guy Ritchie stinks.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)