Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Recommend A Movie Thread
Kick Ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjycnhKxY4&feature=sub

I'm going to be seeing this. Looks hilarious.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Totally want to see kickass.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Just watched Steamboy. The final visuals of the castle literally gave me goosebumps. Amazing.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
[Image: kickass001.jpg]
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
Changeling. The story didn't particularly appeal to me, the only reason I watched it to be honest was because it was directed by Clint Eastwood. It was pretty decent overall, the first half of the film was definately better than the second imo, it was a bit lengthy too, almost two and a half hours long.
Reply
Ashe Wrote:Kick Ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjycnhKxY4&feature=sub

I'm going to be seeing this. Looks hilarious.

I'm going to see it too but based on the trailer I think it might already be a poor translation of the comic.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
Just watched Koyaanisqatsi.

It's very different. I liked it.
Reply
The Grid was the best part. Droves of people and lights on such a grand scale in fast-forward for 20 minutes was great. I don't remember if I watched the whole thing, but I've heard the album a shitload of times.

EDIT: Dr. Manhattan's monologue/origin in Watchmen used two songs from the film, it was awesome.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Waffuru Wrote:I'm going to see it too but based on the trailer I think it might already be a poor translation of the comic.

Probably will be.

I don't really care.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Didn't even know there was a comic original so I'm immune to the effects of bad translation.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Sage Wrote:Didn't even know there was a comic original so I'm immune to the effects of bad translation.

Same. What brought it to light in the first place was the dozen or so comments I came across to the effect of "THIS MOVIE LOOKS LIKE TYPICAL HOLLYWOOD BUTCHERY OF MY SECRET PERSONAL CULT FRANCHISE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVEN'T HEARD OF AND NOW THIS WILL BRING A BUNCH OF MORONS TO DESECRATE MY BEAUTIFUL THING WITH THEIR MAINSTREAM-"

Yeah, ok, point made, I'm done. Internet people suck?
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
The Eraser is a good Ahnold movie. Seen it 50 million times. It's always worth a watch. True Lies is another Ahnold movie that's awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Vad Wrote:The Eraser is a good Ahnold movie. Seen it 50 million times. It's always worth a watch. True Lies is another Ahnold movie that's awesome.

You have just been erased!

...Come on. This is your fault, not mine.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
xD!

I still enjoy em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
For anyone that's into obscure, odd, Asian movies, which... is probably most of you guys, you should check out, I'm a cyborg, and that's OK. It's about a Korean girl who thinks she's a cyborg and is sent to a mental asylum, where she starves herself because she doesn't think she needs to eat. That's the basic premise, but it's differcult to really describe the film, it's one of those things you'd just have to see for yourself.
Reply
"South Korean romantic comedy"? I couldn't be more repulsed.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Where in that post was there any mention of romance? Or comedy? Or SOUTH Korea?
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
wikipedia is a helluva drug.







or was that cocaine? i get the two confused.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
I just watched Wall-E for the first time. Wonderful movie.
Reply
Sure is.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)