Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Recommend A Movie Thread
I don't know if I mentioned Collateral yet, but it is a fantastic movie. I've seen it about 5 times, and a few weeks ago I watched it 3 nights in a row. I've never really seen or heard of any other movies to have such a great night-life vibe, if any of you do, then recommend that shit.

I've seen a few cool trailers recently:

Give 'em Hell, Malone (THOMAS JANE FTW!!! ^_^) Looks like REAL pulp noir, which the movie industry needs more of.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ"]
Avatar[/URL]... no, not the Airbender shit (thats what i thought). Directed by James Cameron. Anyway, it has Marines, aliens, guns, mechs, and Michelle Rodriguez. And looks incredible.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Avatar looks... weird.

I don't know how I feel about it.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
Kaden Wrote:Avatar looks... weird.

I don't know how I feel about it.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
Avatar is being anticipated because essentially everytime James Cameron makes a movie it's a smash hit. Titanic has yet to be beaten for incoming having hit 500 million after release. Dark Knight came extremely close to topping it and it was predicted it actually would.

Point being, James Cameron isn't a joke.

As for seeing the movie? So far I have no idea what it's about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:Avatar... no, not the Airbender shit.

I'm actually looking forward to The Last Airbender. I just hope that they manage to capture the spirit of the show, while at the same time making it so much more badass.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
Metal Teemer Wrote:I'm actually looking forward to The Last Airbender. I just hope that they manage to capture the spirit of the show, while at the same time making it so much more badass.
Nearly surprised about this with that avatar of yours.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
I enjoy the show, but I mostly did it because he's the Avatar. Get it? LOLOLOLOLOL
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
FUCK.

I cant believe I didn't get that. Goddamnit, I'm slipping.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Avatar cost somewhere between $200-$500 million to make, I read today. Most of the cast are not well known actors, and the premise is pretty complicated.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a epic flop.
Reply
Sounds a lot like your conception.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
I bet you were staring at my post for ages, just trying to come up with something. So sad.
Reply
Saz Wrote:Avatar cost somewhere between $200-$500 million to make, I read today. Most of the cast are not well known actors, and the premise is pretty complicated.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a epic flop.


Sorry. Wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
That's a pretty bold claim to make before the movie's even released.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Sage Wrote:That's a pretty bold claim to make before the movie's even released.

I stand by it. If I'm wrong I'll buy you Tier 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Jesus Himself would have to promote this movie for it to recoup its budget.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
James Cameron is amazing.

It'll get back it's budget. I'd bet money on that.

Not a whole lot of money, but I'm pretty sure it will be a success.
Reply
James Cameron does not make flop movies. Suggesting that such is even possible is hollywood heresy.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
Breaking even is still a flop. =/

I'm not saying he won't only break even but a big Hollywood film? I suspect the expectations for profit - not just income - are very high.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ"]
Avatar[/URL]... no, not the Airbender shit (thats what i thought). Directed by James Cameron. Anyway, it has Marines, aliens, guns, mechs, and Michelle Rodriguez. And looks incredible.

Oh btw, Sigourney Weaver is a big name as well. This movie is going to smash EVERYTHING.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
The problem with Avatar is that I have no fucking clue what it's about. The blue alien thing, sure, but what's the point of the movie?
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)