01-08-2010, 03:00 AM
![[Image: v4339d.png]](http://i42.tinypic.com/v4339d.png)
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
|
The Recommend A Movie Thread
|
|
01-08-2010, 03:03 AM
When I saw the name of the video, I thought it was some kind of joke.
Then it alllll came back to me. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
01-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Kaden Wrote:When I saw the name of the video, I thought it was some kind of joke. Same exact thing here. As terrible as it was, it was made of awesome imo. Robin Williams is the man.
01-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Decided to give Max Payne a chance, after remembering Jack had a hard-on for it a while back... PEEEEEWWWWWW. It's trash, seriously. It kinda reminds me of those made-for-tv films that they show on channels like Sci-Fi, it was that bad.
01-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Ashe Wrote: What's the original script? Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
01-12-2010, 05:07 AM
I quoted and followed the link, I was asking what the original text was
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Kaden Wrote:I've also heard it's a carbon copy of Fern Gully, if anyone remembers that film. http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1920954
01-13-2010, 05:57 AM
I didn't dislike the movie because of the story, or that it was a rip-off of 'X' movie, but the pacing was sooooo sloooowww. I'd say a good hour of it didn't even need to be there. And Zoe Saldana was really awkward. The graphics, of course, were incredibly amazing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do Don't worry, I'll be fine I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Just watched Up for the first time two nights ago. If you havent seen it yet watch it. Fucking brilliant. It just passed Wall-E as my favorite Pixar film.
And if you're not down with Pixar gtfo.
01-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Just saw Avatar. It was awesome! Totally do not get the criticism this movie is receiving, except that Corporate Guy was a total douchebag for seemingly no reason.
![]()
01-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Sage Wrote:Just saw Avatar. It was awesome! Totally do not get the criticism this movie is receiving, except that Corporate Guy was a total douchebag for seemingly no reason. He was also the medic in Shaving Ryan's Privates. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish. Sage Wrote:Just saw Avatar. It was awesome! Totally do not get the criticism this movie is receiving, except that Corporate Guy was a total douchebag for seemingly no reason. The corporate guy wasn't a douchebag for no reason. He was a man with a bottom line, and his bottom line was to get as much unobtanium (hopefully people caught the joke with that) as possible. If you notice, even though he insults the Na'vi and calls them "savages" and stuff, he visibly grapples with the decision to inflict harm. All he wanted was for them to move; he didn't want them to die. To me, he was a douchebag with a conscience, but in the end, he chose business. Giovanni Ribisi was excellent in the role, and even though you don't see him much, I felt his character had a lot of dimensions. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do Don't worry, I'll be fine I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Something that bothered me is that the way Grace explained that special connection the Na'vi had with the nature, it sounded exactly like the internets, so I don't get why she didn't use that as an example.
That said I warmly recommend Coraline which has humor and freakiness, even if it is a children's movie. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
The best moment in avatar was when a leaf fell down super close to the screen and my hand jerked instinctively to brush it off my lap.
![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Metal Teemer Wrote:I remember Fern Gully was all about saving the rainforest from the big black smokey guy. Heh...always ALWAYS the black guy huh? HUH? My niece was fine with the movie up until that creature showed up then she freaked out for whatever reason. She's cool with watching Saw II and V but the cartoon smoke creature freaked her out. On a greater note, Death Becomes Her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-yzKpAQLs a throwback that I enjoy because now I'm old enough to realize a few jokes and lines that flew right over my head as a kid. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|