Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are you reading?
Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
I've been reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. I've been itching to a read book series for a while after the Farseers trilogy, and PJatO is fairly short (only five books, and the books ranging from 200-300 pages) It's a bit silly at times, but given its intended demographic that's to be expected. Still, good read and a fun way to pass the time.

EDIT: BASIKLEE WAT METTLE STEEMER SAID
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
Reply
I'm in the middle of these books still:

The Strain
Blink
Velocity


And I have more I need to get around to read.
Reply
Has anyone read Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Would you recommend it to someone who's a fan of that history?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
I've read ROTK and I enjoyed them very much.
Reply
The Not Cool Not Tapion Wrote:Velocity

That sounds really awesome. Like really, really awesome. I think I may have to go order that off Amazon or something.
[Image: Namek_Child.jpg]
Reply
Vad Wrote:Has anyone read Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Would you recommend it to someone who's a fan of that history?


(This is Not Cool Not Tapion on Jack's computer, too lazy to log out/in)

It's free online to read, all of the chapters. William showed me it awhile back. It's an interesting read. And to Sol, it's really interesting. It's pretty intense I won't lie and I'm not even halfway through it.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Hee hee. Koontz.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Also most of the way through listening to I, Claudius Perty good.

edit: Oops this was supposed to be edited onto the above post. My bad.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Finished His Majesty's Dragon. Delightful. A stark writing style with a lurching plot, and oddly enough I mean that in a positive way. Almost tailor made for me, a blending of military (!) history (!!) and dragons (!!!).

also Forty Ways to Look at Winston Churchill. Nice quick take of the man. Liked it.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Started up Dune again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Surprised Animorphs was brought up. Was addicted to that. Had every book till my step dad burned them all, saying they were evil. He did that to my pokemon games too.

Recently read the Bartimaeus trilogy. Never realized one demon could be so funny. Couldn't do anything else but read from book 1 till the end of book 3. Okay, I did get up for food and bathroom time, but nothing else. and mostly I ate while reading.

The Noble Warriors trilogy is so far proving to be awesome. By second book we've got a medieval Akira, spirit sucking vampires, and conquering overlords.
Oitenta Wrote:I watch lots of anime and all different kinds of regular movies and cartoons. This has given me a giant head. I actually think of my best techniques while in the shower. I have often times found myself actually doing the hand motions for some of my techniques.
Reply
ok, and the trilogy ends badly. Not horribly but badly. Can't we blow up islands, split mountains, boil oceans, and ursurp God without the "deeper meaning to it all" crap?
Oitenta Wrote:I watch lots of anime and all different kinds of regular movies and cartoons. This has given me a giant head. I actually think of my best techniques while in the shower. I have often times found myself actually doing the hand motions for some of my techniques.
Reply
Nibbles Wrote:Surprised Animorphs was brought up. Was addicted to that. Had every book till my step dad burned them all, saying they were evil. He did that to my pokemon games too.

You should destroy the book/game burner.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
Harry Turtledove: How Few Remain

It's an interesting alternative fiction thus far. If anything, I like it because I know more than a little about most of the figures he uses to narrate the events.
[Image: picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=181]
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men.  Good stuff there.
[Image: Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png]
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)