12-16-2006, 04:25 AM
I never really thought of it that way. But, what is the difference between 'valuing' and 'stomaching'?
![[Image: Yamusig3copy.jpg]](http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Wyled/Yamusig3copy.jpg)
Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
|
Fucked up
|
|
12-16-2006, 04:25 AM
I never really thought of it that way. But, what is the difference between 'valuing' and 'stomaching'?
![]() Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
12-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Edit: I'm sorry that wasn't needed. But that was still mean and they could have done it way better.
![]() ^Props to Aero^
12-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Quote:Originally posted by Yamu It's a fine line I'll admit. But if given a knife and told either to kill a Cow or a dolphin I couldn't bring myself to do either, because I don't want to take the life of anything. Then I would go and eat a hamburger. Hypocritical? Yes. But it doesn't make my value of life any less. That cows dead already, and theres nothing I can do. So yummy timez. Handed a dolphin burger I would wrinkle my nose and turn away. He's dead and nothign I can do, but I still don't want to eat it. Sinners make the best Saints
![]()
12-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Quote:Originally posted by Garlic Jr Thank you. ![]() Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Quote:Originally posted by Garlic Jr Yeah, thats perfectly fair. Thats why I chose not to eat meat. I will eat some animal bi products, but not meat, or eggs, stuff of that nature. Stuff that was once alive, or was supposed to be alive. Yes, I know, plants are alive. But thats.. different. I'm not one of those annoying people that are like. "You are cruel, how would you like to be eaten? Vegetarianism is the next stage in evolution!"
12-16-2006, 04:48 AM
Quote:Originally posted by Akane Kimidori Yeah, funny thing about that is humans are practically no longer capable of evolution. >.> S'what happens when you conform the environment to your needs rather then you to your environment?s. Not saying I'm dumping that comment on you, Aka, just to those who would correlate vegetarianism to human growth. Not a few days ago that I read of a specific dolphin going extinct around Japan (can't remember specifics but it was generally that). Came to mind when I was watching that. There another of these out there showing what is done to... wolves? Think that's what it was. Orientals are getting sick. They've another fad of feasting on dead fetuses too I heard sometime back too.
12-16-2006, 04:53 AM
The only thing that annoys me is when people skirt around the issue by treating it as a joke. I've heard pretty much every lighthearted retort as to why killing is okay in my 2-so years as a veggie. That, and the stereotyping, are the only bad aspects for me of being a veggie. I don't care so much what other people do as long as they don't question what I do.
For the record, I eat eggs and have milk. Just no fish or meat.
![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
12-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Cell Jr. its not all japanese who do it. Don't be biaesed(sp?) on a few things you see on youtube or the news and stuff. Anyways... that was horrible, but think on this.... there are people in this world who do the same thing to humans. Cut them open, dismember them, ect ect. We are all animals, so remember that.
12-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Cell Jr.A friend of mine wrote an article on puppy mills in North America a few years back, and basically they take the puppies form when they are born, cage 'em and barely feed them at all, and then use them for fur. So the puppies will go through weeks of torture - very little sustanance and no contact with their mother or another care-provider. Anyways, the video did not disturb me in the least. I was surprised by just how much fluid (hard to tell exactly what at times) sometimes, but meh. I wish it didn't happen, I feel I should boycott it, but I just lack the will and motivation. The aforementioned friend, however, is a vegan. Also, Goten, while I somewhat agree, it would be foolish to say that humans aren't evolving at all. We are continuously getting bigger, but in a world where natural selection is far less conrtrolling, evolution is more minute.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![]()
12-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm not a vegetarian and I have no qualms about eating meat, and I'm sure if I saw a video of a cow getting hacked to pieces I would be alot less empathetic. But Dolphins are not cows, dolphins are intelligent majestic creatures. Plus I'm willing to bet they don't taste as good as cows.
The video did sort of shock me, I don't like seeing violence against animals, I know I didn't have to watch it, but for some reason I'm compelled to watch things that shock me, don't ask me why. It still wasn't as bad as the clip I saw of these teens hitting a poor stray dog over the head with their skateboard. Eh I'm trailing off, um, where was I, oh yeah, don't kill dolphins, they can jump through hoops and stuff. PS: Nobody commentated on Pauly shore getting knocked the fuck out. =/
12-16-2006, 08:04 PM
So... I'm obviously not going to watch the video do to it'd take hours to load and run.
This has jumped from cutting pigs, cows, and dolphins throats, to cute intellegent animals, to vegetarians, then to puppy fur harvesting in North America, then to chickens and their eggs, then back to dolphins killing killed? Ok, we live in a society in which it's survival of the fitest. Being the fitest, means getting the job done at the lowest price and making the most profit and so on. Ok so I'm sure you get the point right? So a knife costs alot less then a gun and bullets does it not? So the animal may very well suffer but he suffers 'cheaply' to those that make the profit. Now, as for cute and intellegent animals... lets get the rid of the cute part because 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' or however that quote goes. Lets look at the intellegent part. Dolphins, rabbits, and deer were used in the examples I beleive. As far as intellegence, whio's smarter? Man or dolphin? Which animal is dead? Man or dolpphin? Ok, now that that point of dolpphin is out of the way, let me say that a dolphin burger doesnt sound as appealing as a deer burger. It may be the fact that seafood can iratate my throat or have a reaction to the plate in my face, or might just bve the taste, who knows, but it don't sound good. Ok, now onto the deer and rabbit. You can use the same idea of the dolphin to compare the intellegence of the deer and rabbit with man. I've killed rabbits before. Killed them, skinned them, saved their fur boiled and cooked their bodies, then went on to eat them. Was it cruel? No. Did they suffer? Nope. One good knock to a rabbits head and they're deader then a door knob. As for deer, let me just say "Yummy!" I think every male around here on this hill hunts. Well I don't, but thats because theres very little need for me to hunt. There seems to be an excess amount of deer lately, an infestation as some have said, so obviously they need to be thinned out a little bit yes? Though, I don't beleive over killing them should be allowed. My stepdad, for one, has two freezers full, and has like two in processing. He's not going to give the meat away either, he 's going to keep them. Where is he going to put them? Who knows. Guess i better think about getting fatter eh? lol My uncle however, hunts as well and though, he's shot a good fair amount, he's actually been giving the meat away to people on our crew and what not. Hell he's even just recently been asked for one by our eldest crew member and I think another one wants a racoon that he can cook for christmas. So, hunting. Is it cruel? Maybe to you. To me it's more of a means to allow those of the lesser class to get by a little easier. Also, eat more deer meat! It's a little tastier, healthier , and damned there all around better. As for the puppy's and their furs... it cant be done in the United States legally I do not believe. If it's allowed.... then dont ask me how that the fuck that happened. Now, as for the chickens and their eggs. Let me say I'm tired of eating chicken =/ To fucking greasy anymore. Their eggs, on the other hand.... well we've got chickens around here that lay eggs. Once again those who hharvest them to et, its a means to allow the lesser class get by a little easier. Now to my lovable vegetarians, theres no problem with you're desire to not eat meat. Remeber to keep up with the nutritional needs or whatever it is you guys have to do. Theres some latin phrase for this moment but i cant remember it so i'll say "To each his own". And to my animal activsts that aren't happy with how we kill our meat. Rayford from john Boy and Billy(It's on the radio in the morning. Its on a country music station so you will not know anything about it) coined the phrase best when he named our country "United States of the Offended". I mean geeze, would you rather us induce them with something to make them fall into a deep eternal sleep that in the long run could harm humans? Meh you know... you probably would -_- Edit: I know a dude that works for our company that feeds his family mostly fish. It's how they eat for the most part from what I've heard. he goes fishing every weekend. Uses a rod and reel. So theres something wrong with fishing? O_O
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
![]() Reb: ya know Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC Reb: but I have to hand it to you Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
12-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Hell Fighter 17 This is true, forgot to add that into my perception of things. Sort of strange you mentioned that though... I've noticed over the past weeks that if you were talk to either sex about their preferences of height in a mate, chances are a female would choose taller where as male would choose shorter. As if we are unknowingly trying to increase the maximum height of our offspring without even knowing it. That could be entirely incorrect, but again, this is just what I've noticed.
12-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Quote:Originally posted by SazuaaThat's pretty stupid justification. >_> Anyway, I have to actually agree with a lot of what Retane has said. I'm vegetarian on the condition that it doesn't harm me. Because, in the end, I'm looking out for #1. I can afford to live without meat (various meat substitutes completely cover that taste area for me), but not everybody can. To me that's the only real excuse not to be a vegetarian - if you can't afford the dietary substitutes. When I realised I was eating meat when I didn't need to, when switching to meat substitutes made zero difference to my health ... that's when I made the switch. ![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|