Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Update
#21
It's not an issue, it's just a pain in the ass from time to time. It's just hard for me to relate to staff's viewpoint on this because I've rarely ever, if ever, had a problem on my board with allowing people to edit their own post. The only problem I've ever seen is allowing staff to edit everyone's posts, one staff member going nuts *caugh* Dana *caugh* and using the staff power to do damage to the board. What's the extent a member can do? Insult someone and delete what they said?...

Again, 30 mins should be fine. There's just those moments when you're in a hurry to post something quasi-important, you rush it out, leave, come back, and see your post was riddled with errors. It'd be nice to have the ability to avoid that, but if staff here feels that the cons of allowing such luxuries out weight the pros, then so be it. It's cool, really. I just thought I'd bring it up, what with the new server and all.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP

[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
#22
Aqua Wrote:It's not an issue, it's just a pain in the ass from time to time. It's just hard for me to relate to staff's viewpoint on this because I've rarely ever, if ever, had a problem on my board with allowing people to edit their own post. The only problem I've ever seen is allowing staff to edit everyone's posts, one staff member going nuts *caugh* Dana *caugh* and using the staff power to do damage to the board. What's the extent a member can do? Insult someone and delete what they said?...

Again, 30 mins should be fine. There's just those moments when you're in a hurry to post something quasi-important, you rush it out, leave, come back, and see your post was riddled with errors. It'd be nice to have the ability to avoid that, but if staff here feels that the cons of allowing such luxuries out weight the pros, then so be it. It's cool, really. I just thought I'd bring it up, what with the new server and all.

It is an issue, because as members you guys seem to have what you consider "deserved" freedom. Just look at the post where Captain Silver recieved a warning, even though it's clearly something you would get warned over and a completely stupid and useless thread. We get compared to Nazi's.

Everything we do as staff is questioned, and as such we need proof for everything we do. Hell their are still people who think Dana and Max where "unjustly" removed because the Staff is "corrupt".

The very fact that you are bringing this up proves my point. The staff has told you numerous times in the thread that it was an issue, yet instead of believing them you continue to question and push the issue as if maybe we are lying or possibly the members have magically matured.

Think about it, imagine someone who didn't get along with 18 or Bra posts a picture of porn and then when they see it 18 and Bra say "This guy needs to be banned" he gets banned but before he edited his post to something else and then rants about the staff ganging up on him.

You don't have to believe it, but we've seen it and as such that's why it's here and that's why it's staying.
#23
First... I meant it wasn't an issue for me. As In, Ok, you guys win, etc.

Second, You guys act like the basic members are out to get you. I don't think you're nazi's, though I would say I've seen certain members of staff over react at various times, and the staff, as a whole, has a tendancy to get real defensive real fast... case in point: this thread.

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: Ya'll think you need the edit limit, so Ok, keep it. It's not like I could do anything about it, and it doesn't seem like the rest of the members really care because no one else has stepped into the thread to raise issue with it. Once again, I just thought that since we switched servers I would bring something up that was/ is a personal peeve of mine. It isn't a critique on anyone's staffing ability... it was just an innocent idea. Clearly one staff doesn't like. So we can move on eh?

Like I said, 30 mins > 10 so at least it's a step in the right direction IMO.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP

[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
#24
When I was Staff, a number of people would PM me when they wanted to edit one of their IC posts after the ten-minute limit, and I would slip it in. I'm sure you could find a Mod who would be willing to do the same, if needed.

EDIT: Defensiveness comes because decisions are being questioned. How would you like it if you had someone busting your ass whenever you decided to develop Aqua into a new direction?

"Why the fuck did you have him break his nose? You should not have done that, you should have broken something more important. Breaking a nose isn't going to help anything, it won't do anything for your character. There is a void of bone-breakery that needs to be filled, and clearly, the nose isn't cutting the pastrami."

It's not just your post. It's the attitude of members in general. It's most definitely a cumulative effect.
#25
I've done it before. All I was saying is that's a superfluous step IMo when allowing the members to edit their own post has never, in my three years of running a DBZ RPG, been an issue. Again, it isn't a big deal for me. I'm fine, really. I was just tossing ideas around. Sorry...
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP

[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
#26
You're cool Aqua. You're, like, the greatest guy on the site that questions Staff stuff. But, while your experience is indeed sizable, the decision for the editing limit was made due to an actual problem. This wasn't a theoretical thing where everyone sat down and said, 'You know what, this'll probably be a problem, let's nuke Iraq before they shit on us.' There actually WERE wmd's in this case, and Staff reacted.

Not sure why this would develop on one board and not even touch the other. Chance? Maybe Chubbs members tend to be more malicious? I dunno.
#27
Points made on all ends. I'm locking this thread now, for everyone's benefit so we
can move on, since we all understand each other's points, even if we disagree. =)


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)