03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Dead Rising is alright, probable more of a game you'd want to rent, rather than actually buy IMO.
|
Xbox 360 Round up!
|
|
03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Dead Rising is alright, probable more of a game you'd want to rent, rather than actually buy IMO.
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Bully: Schol Ed is NOT a new game or sequel. It's the same game with a couple extras tacked on. Not necissarily a bad thing, but know what you're getting.
Fallout 3 had better be pretty much the best game ever made. It has quite the heritage to live up to, if I was to be asked. Mainly because that's like the only series I get all rabid fanboy over. GTAIV is probably gonna be awesome. I've never complained about the other ones, and I've played all of them, even the ancient top-down ones. :p I don't care if it's not platform-specific; it's on the 360, so it counts. For stuff already on it; all of the games I would have absolutely raved over are criminally short. In fact, it seems like all new games are... half as long as they used to make 'em. Oblivion rules, but you don't like it so that's a bit of a burn. Forza 2 was tons of fun for me, but might seem tedious after a while, unless, like me, when you've got millions of dollars you're content to make freakshow cars and see how badly you can beat supercars with them. I think the Halo series sucks. Honestly, I woulda thought they were alright till people started erected monuments to worship. I hate false hype, and it poisoned the series for me. Halo is alright. It's certainly competent, but it's not at all 'fantastic.' If you can get it for cheap, The Darkness is a waaaaaay better shooter than Halo, with a waaaaaaay better storyline. It's way too short to pay full price for it, but it was enthralling. Finally, Guitar Hero III is a boatload of fun. It's got a far better song list than the other two titles (even if it does seem like they went totally mainstream) and it's fun to have this false sense of accomplishment for getting 5 stars on a song like 'One' by Metallica. I still play this game on occasion to this day. "I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
![]() "I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
And if you live at college (or will be soon, or know multiple people who frequent your living quarters), Rock Band is a ridiculously good investment. The single-player is sweet if you like playing alone like in Guitar Hero, especially since there's more than one instrument, but with multiple people or even a whole band (Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Drums), you can play pretty much forever. Also I'm pretty sure they put out new downloadable content every week.
03-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I would reccomend the Darkness for rent. While it's a fun and addicting game, you can beat it in a few hours, and lacks long time capadibility. While, with Halo, you could at least play it with friends, or online; if you have that. Not defending Halo, just saying my input on The Darkness.
Dead Rising is horribly addicting, at least for me. I mean, you can use nearly everything as a weapon in that game. I would seriously reccomend Jerachi. It's awesome.
03-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Did you get the real Mega Man blaster yet? =) It's kind of an insta-win button but it's not like you have to use it all the time. But damn is it fun.
Also, lawnmower. And katana.
03-16-2008, 11:45 PM
The megaman thing is awesome. XD. I just ran around with it, screaming my head off. XD.
I hate those Cultists, though. They go boom to much, plus, they are pretty fast.
03-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Nori Wrote:Dead Rising is horribly addicting, at least for me. I mean, you can use nearly everything as a weapon in that game. I'm going to have to second Dead Rising. It was the first game I bought for 360 and it earned that spot. ![]() "In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
03-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Nori Wrote:I hate those Cultists, though. They go boom to much, plus, they are pretty fast. I find that taking a golf club and smacking off copious amounts of golf balls at the cultists when they're in slow creeping mode is quite exhilarating. Cultist bowling, too. In fact, just raid the sporting goods store and go to town on the cultists. Yellow bastards.
03-17-2008, 02:38 AM
XDD. The soccer ball or whatever is really cool to use on them, because it like, knocks them all down.
There's like, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, too, that's pretty fun. Not a "omfg" game, but a entertaining one. I guess Gears of War is pretty fun, too. Never really got into it. ..J..E..R..A..C..H..I.
03-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Since its obvious you're not against Dynasty Warriors, I'm going to have to give "Warriors Orochi" a shout out.
They took a bunch of people from Dynasty Warriors and a bunch of people from Samurai Warriors and basically have them compete to see who's the biggest badass (Nobunaga is, btw). They do a whole bunch of cool stuff in that game that they had never done before. You pick 3 people to use at a time, and can switch between them freely during a mission. You can combine weapons to make one with the abilities and bonuses that you like. The different characters are one of three types (Strength, Speed, or Technique) and each type has a different set of special attacks and shit. All-in-all, its very entertaining. Even after getting DW6 I've fired it up a couple times. ![]() "In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
03-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Bought Halo 3 today, played the first two levels with a mate, pretty good so far. I must admit I didn't like the feel of Halo 2 at the beginning, but I'm liking this one.
Rock Band is definitely on my to-buy list. As is GTA:IV. I have the Orange Box on PC; God I loved Portal. I really hope they make a sequel for it. Don't know much about Dead Rising, although I'd probably check it out. Yeah, I don't know what it was about Oblivion. Something about it just ground (grinded?) me the wrong way. I think part of DW is because I really enjoy the story part of it too.
03-18-2008, 04:50 AM
That's what I hear, too. I'm considering buying CoD 4. Worth it?
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
![]() "I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
03-18-2008, 06:32 AM
I didn't like CoD4 at all.. but it was probably just me. I think the huge draw is the multiplayer which I wasn't interested in and so didn't really get into.
As for Dynasty Warriors, I just finished unlocking everyone. Surprisingly Dong Zhou was the hardest/last to unlock. I might have to play him to see if he is any good.
03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Waffuru Wrote:As for Dynasty Warriors, I just finished unlocking everyone. Surprisingly Dong Zhou was the hardest/last to unlock. I might have to play him to see if he is any good. Yeah, I thought the system's a bit weird. The first guy I've unlocked was Zhang Jiao, and I think he was one of the last I unlocked on number 5. Oh, and is it me, or does Xiahou Dun suck now? ;_;
03-18-2008, 07:25 AM
He's okay, but he really needs about 15 levels of skills before he gets any good. If you can get a high powered skill/speed weapon for him I thought that worked best.
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Finally got around to the demo of N+ and played it a bit. I wouldn't say it's the greatest side scroller ever, but it does use a well balanced physics engine and the gameplay isn't overly complex. Plus, you play as a ninja.
03-18-2008, 02:59 PM
All you need is Call of Duty 4 and XBox Live.
![]() Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08 |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|