07-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Bardock Wrote:Wow is an understatement, my friend.Anything said is an understatement. Wow is the best that I can come up with at this time.
![[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]](http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/warpzone116/reijinchefsig.jpg)
"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
|
[Spoilers!] Dark Knight
|
|
07-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Bardock Wrote:Wow is an understatement, my friend.Anything said is an understatement. Wow is the best that I can come up with at this time. ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Like I said, I don't really like Batman. The movie was amazing. It seems like the sole reason I enjoy Batman movies are for the villains.
![]() Want a cookie?
07-22-2008, 12:25 AM
I will add something I've not seen mentioned. I totally geeked out seeing Scarecrow back at the beginning. Maybe its just me, but I am glad they tied up that loose end about what happened to him after Begins, and was happy to see him.
![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Was that really him? Thought it was some imposter... didn't get that whole scene at all, really. =/
EDIT: And you guys say this about every movie. I, personally, think it was just a good film with great acting from Heath Ledger. Not gonna see more than 1 or 2 Oscars, if that, I guarantee it.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Reijin Wrote:I will add something I've not seen mentioned. I totally geeked out seeing Scarecrow back at the beginning. Maybe its just me, but I am glad they tied up that loose end about what happened to him after Begins, and was happy to see him. Cillian Murphy made a badass Scarecrow. It's a shame he was the secondary villain. But I agree, it was a great way to start the movie. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't think it was the actor, per se, although it was a very decent look alike, but I do believe it was the character. Otherwise he wouldn't have made the "Its not him" comments.
Its also a possible extension of his Begins character, ala the man behind the chemicals necessary to destroy the city with the intention an ideal. In this, he's not really trying to destroy the city itself, but still a progression where he's using it to deal with the problem in his own way (albeit a quite less powerful method due to his fall). That's how it appeared to me. ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 12:34 AM
The Batman movies were always focused around the villians. The Batman series in general has always been known to have very good villians rich with personality and depth.
![]() Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
07-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Has to be, because Batman sucks so uber.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Not necessarily. You just have to find the right balance. Batman is essentially two people: Bruce Wayne, and Batman. Thus far, not a single actor has been able to successfully portray both. They're always stronger as one or the other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
I don't get why some people are upset of Alfred taking a more mainstream position. They keep saying "He's supposed to be this quiet butler, not the instigator" and I don't feel that way at all. To me, he's doing what he should be; portraying the family caretaker, taking care of his wards. It also has him in the "older advice giving older man" part, which is perfect. I don't want him to be the bumbling Mr. Magoo of previous movies.
![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Michael Caine did a kick ass job. I liked how he was played.
![]() Fuck you, Photobucket.
07-22-2008, 01:19 AM
That was Cillian Murphy portraying the Scarecrow at the beginning. It was the same guy from Begins.
And Alfred's always been the man. He's the father figure that always has to bitch slap some sense into Batman when he starts acting like too much of a brooding tard. ![]()
07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I liked Morgan Freeman's role/acting a lot more.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I couldn't tell if it was him or not. I know it certainly looked like him, but I was unsure enough to give it a doubt leaning the other way.
![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
It was him. He just wasn't composed because of the effects of the gas from the previous movie. He went crazy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
07-22-2008, 01:25 AM
My version didn't show the Heath Ledger tribute. We sat through fifteen minutes of credits just to have the theatre people come in to kick us out (only people that stayed) and nothing happened. I was really upset.
![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn" Bardock Wrote:It was him. He just wasn't composed because of the effects of the gas from the previous movie. He went crazy. It was a good followup. Seriously, very glad they threw it in, and especially so with the same actor. It helps bridge the gap a bit and not have every movie be stand alone. The link forward with the joker card is typical "teaser" stuff, the link back is showing where you've been. I appreciated his craziness too, and his "WE'RE TRYING TO HELP YOU" routine haha. EDIT the dead fake batman slamming into the glass scared the shit outta me. I pissed some people off laughing my ass off during the building scene. Was the only person laughing so loud. At first I was giggling at the nurse outfit. Then the explosions, I cracked up a bit. I lost it when he turned around with this "Hmm, what happened there, I didn't do anything" attitude. When he slammed his button and more came, I lost it. And then we topped it off with the entire building just falling apart like dominos. The music was silent at that part for a reason people, laugh. ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Personally, I would have preferred Scarecrow to Al Ghul any day of the week, especially since Raz did not receive the attention to detail the others did. I would like for them to bring Scarecrow back again, but they probably won't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
07-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I didn't pay much attention to Begins. I don't remember most of it. I should probably watch it then go see Dark Knight again.
OMFG im gonna do it
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|