07-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh. But I thought he was there to kill him? wtf... this movie is way too much of a residual mindfuck
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
-Slash
|
[Spoilers!] Dark Knight
|
|
07-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh. But I thought he was there to kill him? wtf... this movie is way too much of a residual mindfuck
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-23-2008, 05:32 AM
I'd like to say that this Jim Gordon was really, really good
![]() Want a cookie?
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Bojack...he put his seat belt ON before he shot the driver.
Gary Oldman ftw. ![]() Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I personally prefer Ledger's Joker by far. Jack's is a recreation of that Silver Age Joker mixed with a bit of the 60's TV show. I hate the Silver Age comics and the 60's show was even worse.
The modern Joker is by far superior. Brilliant yet crazy beyond repair. A man so distant from his own humanity and past that he doesn't even know exactly who he was and he doesn't care. All he knows is one day he had a really bad day which altered his very soul and sent him into madness. With his brilliance your not sure if he was a former psychologist, a former Recon Marine, or perhaps simply a brilliant stand up comic who went nuts after he wife was murdered. Ledger's Joker is a mix of Hannibal Lector, Alex DeLarge, James Moriarty, and a bit of Lou Costello's humor (albeit twisted). He mentality is above humanities where he lives by his own twisted code not caring about anything else but proving a point. Although we can't understand him with human reasoning we can connect to him through a small bit of our darkest emotions and desires. He is human evil released in its purest form. He is man with all of his restraints ripped away and all of his goodness drained out of him. Nicholson's Joker is a pissed off gangster. A egomaniac who wants to control the city for power well getting some satisfactory revenge on the side. He wants to be the dominate gangster and all around leader of crime in Gotham. His reasoning behind it all is simply to gain power with revenge as a bonus. It's a none traditional bent on a traditional ideal. A man wanting nothing but power. When I want to watch a power hungry man fall because of his own greed and hubris I'll watch Lex Luthor fight the Man of Steel. When I want to watch the Joker fight Batman I want the anarchistic mad man who doesn't give a damn about money or criminal empires and only want to destroy and prove his points.
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Talon Holmes Wrote:The modern Joker is by far superior. Brilliant yet crazy beyond repair. A man so distant from his own humanity and past that he doesn't even know exactly who he was and he doesn't care. All he knows is one day he had a really bad day which altered his very soul and sent him into madness. With his brilliance your not sure if he was a former psychologist, a former Recon Marine, or perhaps simply a brilliant stand up comic who went nuts after he wife was murdered.killing joke references ftw And I just read Batman: The Long Halloween. Dent's story was obviously based off of this (with a few liberties). ![]() When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance Her grip of romance makes you fall! So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell At least I'll have tango'd at all!
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Yamu Wrote:Bojack...he put his seat belt ON before he shot the driver. I missed out on a whole hell of a fucking lot. I need to watch this again.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
You clearly don't know how to watch a movie correctly.
Greg0rz (3:16:14 PM): if you cut Michael Moore, he would bleed cheese and bacon grease?
UltimoDemon (3:16:26 PM): I think that is very likely, yes. Greg0rz (3:16:34 PM): *scribbles down* Greg0rz (3:16:45 PM): do you mind if I quote you? UltimoDemon (3:16:49 PM): Not at all.
07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Have you even seen it, smarty pants?
And omg, excuuuuse me for enjoying it instead of dissecting 2.5 hours of feature film.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-23-2008, 09:14 PM
I saw it on the day it came out.
And it's not even a matter of dissecting.
Greg0rz (3:16:14 PM): if you cut Michael Moore, he would bleed cheese and bacon grease?
UltimoDemon (3:16:26 PM): I think that is very likely, yes. Greg0rz (3:16:34 PM): *scribbles down* Greg0rz (3:16:45 PM): do you mind if I quote you? UltimoDemon (3:16:49 PM): Not at all.
07-24-2008, 03:44 AM
Nappa saw it.
And then walked out fifteen minutes into the movie, right after Batman spoke in a gutteral voice ;-) ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Don't blame him. =o
Seriously, you'd think the inside of his mask was made of novacaine.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
07-24-2008, 03:53 AM
I enjoyed his voice, so everyone that hates it, can slob on my two inch peter
07-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Warako Wrote:I enjoyed his voice, so everyone that hates it, can slob on my two inch peter I'm good. Thanks, though. EDIT: Two inches? XD XD XD ![]() Fuck you, Photobucket.
07-24-2008, 04:17 AM
It was ok at times, but there were times when it sounded like he was suffering from an extreme case of inflamed gums.
I have a million of these.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACrk2U4e73Q
And I always got the impression that Batman was using his voice for both disguising it as differently as possible from his normal, and for intimidation factor. I had no idea people expected a smooth suave lady killer voice. "Holy fuck, its the Batman, run!" *Val Venis Voice* "HEllloooooo LADIES!" *drops towel* EDIT: This scene just sets the entire movie. Immediately you realize "Holy shit, this isn't some prissy mobster (that was Fal Coney and Maloney), this is one sick morbid clown from a Hellraiser movie!" ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Just came back from seeing it again.
It's still cool.
07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh snap!
I need to go see this movie again, I can't believe I missed that. ![]()
07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't be totally surprised if they made Maggie Gyllenhaal Harley Quinn. You never know. =o
![]() Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
07-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Aero Wrote:I wouldn't be totally surprised if they made Maggie Gyllenhaal Harley Quinn. You never know. =oYou know... I have to say, that would be an interesting twist, and honestly not too farfetched either, as we never know what was in those barrels. Honestly, that could make for a very good setup in a movie, in my eyes. Very few people would expect that. ![]() "I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn" |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|