08-15-2005, 04:43 PM
A little spiritual poem I wrote while imprisoned in a Hyatt hotel. Personally, I think this is some of my best work as a poet ever. I'm considering entering it in a Christian competition through my church that, if I make it to regionals (which I did for piano last year), I could get a $1000 scholarship. Therefore, I want your harshest, most brutal critiques of every jot and tittle. Don't hold anything back.
-------------------------------
Here We Be
Here we be, trapped in a setting Atlantis,
Of metal, wood, fire, and sand.
No stone left untrod.
God?
Here we be, shaken in a sinful, weighted tumbler.
Struck by Hate?s embittered hand.
Broken at his nod.
God?
Here we be, ravaged by our own bright blindness,
Cursed by our deafening band.
By self-made sod.
God?
Here we be, freed from life?s fatal roulette,
Saved by his Compassion-Hand,
Mended at his nod.
God.
-------------------------------
Here We Be
Here we be, trapped in a setting Atlantis,
Of metal, wood, fire, and sand.
No stone left untrod.
God?
Here we be, shaken in a sinful, weighted tumbler.
Struck by Hate?s embittered hand.
Broken at his nod.
God?
Here we be, ravaged by our own bright blindness,
Cursed by our deafening band.
By self-made sod.
God?
Here we be, freed from life?s fatal roulette,
Saved by his Compassion-Hand,
Mended at his nod.
God.
![[Image: av50fd.png]](http://i55.tinypic.com/av50fd.png)
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...


![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)